Welcome to the latest and the most complete guide on blackjack! If you still don’t know a thing about this game, want to learn a few tricks or to deepen your existing knowledge – then you have come to the right place.
Online blackjack is one of the most popular games both at virtual and land-based casinos. Actually, it gives way only to video slot machines. It’s also the cheapest and most engaging experience you may have in the gambling market. Blackjack is surely one of a kind because it requires a combination of both – luck and card counting skills.
Here are the things we will discuss in the article:
- The history of online blackjack;
- Basic terms, rules, and strategies for playing blackjack online;
- The most popular 21 games on the Internet;
- Ways of choosing a reliable operator and the best blackjack casinos in New Zealand;
- Live dealer and mobile gambling platforms for maximum satisfaction from the game;
- Bonuses that these games offer and much more.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos 2020
|1||$1200 + 260 FS||Captain Spins||2000+|
|2||$5000 + 50 FS||Casimba||596+|
|3||$300 + 50 FS||Dreamz||1500+|
|4||NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Gate 777||850+|
|7||NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Jonny Jackpot||1400+|
- History of Blackjack
- How To Choose A Blackjack Casino
- Best Online Blackjack Casinos 2020
- Live Dealer Blackjack Casinos
- Mobile Blackjack Casinos
- Bonuses And Promotions
- How to Play Blackjack Online
- Basic Terms of Blackjack Game
- Strategies That Actually Work
- Useful Blackjack Tips
- Popular Online Blackjack Games
- Free Blackjack Games Collection
History of Blackjack
When playing online blackjack you may think that it is quite a modern game but in fact, it has a rather long history. Unfortunately, there is no specific date when the blackjack card game was invented and introduced but researchers say that the first reference took place in 1700, when this 21-card game was first enjoyed in French casinos. Of course, its initial version was different from the one we know and love today, and was actually called Vingt-et-Un, which means ‘Twenty-one’.
According to another version, for the first time blackjack was mentioned by Miguel de Cervantes, a Spanish writer, in one of the novels about players. There is also the third, although less popular, version, which claims that at first blackjack was played by Romans using different wooden pieces.
Not depending on which version is the most accurate one, online blackjack has spread around the globe with lightning speed and continues to change and improve. French colonists brought the game to North America, where casinos legally opened their doors in 1931. Operators in Nevada were attracting gamblers with different bets that featured blackjack. And that is how the modern title of ‘Twenty-one’ appeared.
How To Choose A Reliable Blackjack Casino
If you are willing to play casino games online for real money choosing a reliable operator is a must. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of different providers on the market and it becomes rather difficult to choose the best online blackjack casino.
✅ Luckily, we have made a list of the features that will help you to find only the best blackjack sites:
- Customer Support – Using services that are based on software and technologies means that you are not immune to the risk. Whether you have issues with making a payment or playing a particular game, be sure to have 24/7 access to customer support. Being able to communicate in English is a must. We recommend staying away from a blackjack online casino that has problems with answering messages on time.
- Payment Options – For the maximum convenience, a chosen online blackjack casino should offer gamblers a wide range of payment methods: e-wallets like Skrill and PayPal, credit and prepaid cards or even crypto. Online blackjack NZ players should also pay attention to whether the provider accepts New Zealand dollars to avoid conversion costs.
- Fast Payouts – To get the most positive experience from the game, players should be able to withdraw their winnings in a matter of hours. If the casino support asks you to wait for a week, it’s better to choose another operator.
- Available On The Go – Often players are on their way to work or college, are having lunch with friends, or are waiting for a boss in a conference room. Thus, mobile compatibility becomes a must. If the chosen provider offers an app or a mobile version of the website, it means that such a casino cares about the players and their comfort.
- Big Selection Of Blackjack Titles – There is nothing more annoying than having to stick to several casinos to enjoy all the titles that you like. The broader the casino’s library is, the easier it is to find a game to enjoy. With tens of blackjack variations, you will surely forget about boredom.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos in New Zealand
When searching for a casino to play a few games, it may be difficult for online blackjack New Zealand players to choose one because there are hundreds of different operators offering multiple bonuses and attractive features. Luckily, you don’t have to look for the best blackjack online casinos on your own because we have made the list to simplify your search.
✅ Here are the best online blackjack sites you can pay attention to:
- Jackpot City – This operator definitely stands out among other blackjack casinos due to a generous NZ$1,600 sign-up bonus and outstanding daily, weekly, and monthly promotions. Choose one of more than 520 games and you will never be bored.
- Omnia Casino – Even though Omnia is a relatively new player on the market, it can be called the best paying out online casino and can boast over 1,100 games in the catalog, each of which is stuffed with outstanding features and bonuses.
- Spin Palace – Players who prefer to play at the blackjack casino online definitely know this provider: since 2001 it has been supplying the market with the best games, newest features, and cutting-edge solutions. The platfrom is also available on the go.
- Casino Room – Established back in 1999, Casino Room is considered to be the most experienced and reputable operator in the global arena. It holds all the necessary licenses, speaks multiple languages, offers online blackjack, and accepts tens of currencies.
- Slotocash – This bitcoin casino will definitely surprise blackjack online NZ players with a huge NZ$7,777 welcome bonus and 100 free spins. All games including 21, baccarat and the online casino roulette are available both in a desktop and a mobile version.
- Casimba Casino – Online operator offers gamblers 600 games, amazing bonuses, a huge variety of payment options, a second-to-none loyalty program, and helpful customer support, which is always ready to answer requests in multiple languages.
Live Dealer Blackjack Casinos
- Gate 777 Casino
- Captain Spins Casino
- Ruby Fortune Casino
- Lucky Nugget Casino
- SlotNite Casino
- Bao Casino
- CK Casino
- Joo Casino
Blackjack is hundreds or even thousands of years old that makes it rather difficult to impress players, who think that they have seen everything. However, software producers and casinos regularly compete to come up with top online blackjack games and solutions.
If you are looking for an alternative way to play online blackjack and to get maximum out of the game, pay attention to live dealer titles. They are like a gasp of fresh air because they offer gamblers a chance to experience all the pleasures of a real casino without actually going anywhere.
When playing live dealer blackjack gamblers are introduced to real dealers streamed from an actual casino or studio. You can communicate with other players, talk to the dealer, and become a part of a real game. Here are only some titles to choose from: Live, Live Unlimited, and Common Draw Blackjack, which are delivered by such developers as NetEnt, Playtech, Evolution Gaming, and others.
Mobile Blackjack Casinos
- Nomini Casino
- Royal Panda Casino
- PlayFrank Casino
- Hyper Casino
- Fortune Legends Casino
- River Belle Casino
- Spinland Casino
- GoodWin Casino
Smartphones have already replaced personal computers and laptops: we check social media accounts, emails, and other apps literally every hour. That is why the majority of online casinos offer playing blackjack both on your computer, tablet or any mobile device.
Having access to the best online blackjack games on the go gives much freedom and allows spending every minute with use. There is no need to be stuck at home not to miss a tournament. Just imagine: you can play mobile blackjack in a queue, at the office or even relaxing in your own bed. No strings attached!
And it doesn’t matter whether you prefer online blackjack free or real-money titles. Every gambler will find what he is looking for. Simply download an application or go directly to the casino’s website via the smartphone browser and play favorite blackjack games wherever you are.
Online Blackjack Bonuses
When looking for the best site to play blackjack online gamblers often pay attention to the set of offered bonuses. Rewards provided by gambling sites are helping customers to learn more about the platform they’ve chosen, get a closer look to the games it offers and to save some money.
✅ Here’s a list of the promotions and offers that can make blackjack online gambling positive and fun:
- The Welcome Offer – This is the first and the most popular bonus any gambler is paying attention to. Usually, a welcome offer comes in the form of a match bonus. For example, when depositing $100 you will get $100 on your account. But you should get familiar with wagering requirements first because every NZ online blackjack casino has its own rules.
- Loyalty Program – Online blackjack casinos usually reward its loyal players with higher withdrawal limits, more bonuses, special deals, VIP support, and other perks. There are even chances to play $2 Blackjack at certain days and hours and grab some winnings.
- Tournaments – This devoted blackjack bonus is mostly available to regular customers and members of the loyalty program. Gamblers can participate in blackjack tournaments with money prizes and real gifts. Top players can actually win thousands of dollars at one sit.
- No Deposit Bonuses – To attract more players some online blackjack casinos offer new members free cash and spins without a need to make a deposit. Thus, you can try out the game without a need to spend a dollar.
Play Blackjack Games Online
How to Play Blackjack Online
One of the most useful inventions of mankind is that you can play online casino games from home – no need to go to a land-based site wasting your time and money. Online blackjack is not an exception: you can play free blackjack online for fun or for real money, enjoy the game alone or connecting with friends. And the only requirement is a bit of luck and knowing how to play 21 card game online.
✅ Here is a detailed step-by-step guide, which will help you to master the online casino blackjack game with ease:
- Choose the wager. After logging to an online blackjack casino and choosing a particular title, you need to make the first move and click on the chip of the bet. Then drag it to the area with bets. There is even no need to know the values because the amounts are written on every chip.
- Place the bet. After placing the bet, you have two options: to keep the amount that is indicated in the betting box or to increase it. However, the last option is available not in all online blackjack casinos and requires re-betting first.
- Dealing the hand. When the bet is placed, the online blackjack game will begin. The dealer will deal the cards. View them attentively and remember the cards that are facing upwards. The best thing in the casino blackjack is that you don’t need to calculate anything: the value of the cards is already shown, which helps to make a quicker and more effective decision.
- Play the hand. Depending on your own strategies, here are the further options to choose from: ‘hit’, ‘stand’, ‘split’, and ‘double’. For example, ‘stand’ means that you want to remain with the cards you have, while ‘hit’ means that you want to increase the number of cards until you are satisfied with the value.
- The outcome of the hand. When the dealer takes the turn, there are three different outcomes you can expect: Win, Lose and Tie. Everything is rather clear: when you see ‘Win’ on the screen, it means that you have won. ‘Lose’ means that the dealer won. The ‘Tie’ or ‘Standoff’ means that both you and the blackjack dealer have the same amount of points and the initial bet is returned.
- Play again. To continue enjoying online blackjack you should just press ‘re-bet’ or ‘new bet’ depending on whether you want to stick to the same bet amount or to choose a new one.
Want to know how to play online blackjack and win? Continue reading and we will introduce you to the basic terms and strategies of this fun and engaging game.
Basic Terms of Blackjack Game
Gamblers, who are not yet familiar with a blackjack online game but want to have a positive experience, should definitely learn the basic terms before joining a table. And it doesn’t matter whether you want to play blackjack online free no download or to bet real money in a downloadable version.
We have gathered the basic terms every gambler should know to play blackjack game online:
|Stand||If you think that your set of cards is strong enough to beat the dealer, you choose ‘stand’.|
|Hit||By pressing ‘hit’ you ask to add another card to the hand. But remember that your goal is to get close to 21 without exceeding it.|
|Split||If you are dealt two cards of the same value, split them into two hands.|
|Double||According to blackjack rules, players can double the bet if they think that their hand is strong.|
|Blackjack||It is the best possible combination, which equals an ace and a 10-value card.|
|First Base||Online blackjack gamblers, who are playing on the left to the dealer, are at ‘first base’ because they are the first to take action.|
|Even Money||If a gambler has a blackjack and the dealer shows an ace, both of them may opt for an equal payout.|
|Hole Card||It is a card, which remains face down. It can be revealed when players have chosen how to act on hands.|
Main Online Blackjack Strategies
Playing a 21 game online is a little more complex than choosing a slot machine. You need to be aware of the most viable strategies to play blackjack online for real money and to beat the card dealer.
✅ These are the best approaches you can stick to:
- Basic strategy – According to it, a player should treat every undealt card as a 10-point one. There are four times as many 10-point cards in the deck, so the odds that the next card is worth 10 points are very high. Even though this strategy isn’t perfect, it may greatly help when deciding whether to hit or stand. And it doesn’t matter whether you choose to play free online blackjack games for fun or for cash.
- Split – When a player is dealt a matching pair, it is possible to split these cards. However, this strategy shouldn’t be applied in every case and depends not only on your own cards but on the dealer’s as well. For example, if you have two 10’s, the odds of winning are extremely high and there is no point in splitting. Another reason to avoid this strategy is when the dealer has an A.
- Double – Double is the most common strategy among blackjack online players. If you have 9 points in hand, you can double the bet and get an additional card, which can be a 10 and bring you 19 points in total. However, if the dealer has 9,10 or A, it is better to play without doubling the bet.
Useful Blackjack Tips
If you want to know how to win in blackjack online and not just to kill time and waste money, it is important to familiarize yourself with a few tips.
✅ Take a look at the things you should know to play a 21 online game:
- Check dealer’s up card. No matter whether you are enjoying real-money or free online blackjack games it is necessary to check the dealer’s up card. Evaluate whether it is bad (from 2 to 6) or good (from 7 and higher). Your future actions will greatly depend on the dealer’s cards and not only on the combination you have.
- Try to avoid first base seats. If it’s possible, don’t sit in the ‘first base’. Sitting further in blackjack online casino games gives additional time to review the hand and dealer’s up card.
- Play games with liberal rules. When visiting the top NZ online casinos you should familiarize yourself with several blackjack tables to find those, which have the most liberal rules. Stick to the games with a 3-2 payoff and avoid those with 6-5.
Don’t forget that single- and double-deck games have better odds than those with six and eight decks. Tables with simpler rules are much better for testing your skills and mastering 21.
Popular Online Blackjack Games
Like many other online titles, there are multiple 21 variations available. Thus, you can try them out and choose the one that suits your strategy, style, and preferences. Here are best blackjack casino games to play online:
Atlantic City Blackjack
The dealer should draw at 16 or less, and to stand at 17 to 21. Players must double down on the initial hand and to split the initial pair. It is allowed to double after the split.
When you are playing online blackjack for fun, Bonus variation is a great option. Apart from the main bet, it has a side one. The odds for the main bet are the same as in a classical version. On the side bet the gambler can wager on whether the dealer, the player or both will get a natural blackjack. If 21 is achieved, the player gets a 15 to 1 payout.
The natural blackjack (with two cards that equal 21) is called a ‘pontoon’. The next best hand consists of five hands with 21 points or less. If the dealer and the gambler have the same hand, the dealer is the one to win.
At this online blackjack version the dealer stands on 17. The player can double only on hard 9 to hard 11. When the dealer gets a blackjack, the player loses splits and doubles.
Spanish 21 (also known as the Australian Pontoon) can totally be listed among the best blackjack game variations. It uses from four to eight Spanish decks (with 10-rank cards taken out). This gives the operator an additional edge, so a range of rules is added for the gambler. For example, a five-card blackjack pays 3 to 2, while a six-card – 2 to 1. If the dealer and the player both receive a 21, the player is the one to win.
Super Fun 21
This online blackjack type was first introduced in Vegas casinos. It has multiple hands that are considered automatic winners. For example, a 6-card hand that has a value of 20 or less, is considered an automatic winner. A hand with 5 cards that is worth 21 or less is paid 2 to 1.
Free Blackjack Games Collection at HEX
If you are looking for the best place to play blackjack online but don’t want to entrust an unknown operator with your money, go directly to Casino HEX and get familiar with a free blackjack collection. It is a great way to practice and to play free blackjack games online without any stress and nerves. In addition, you don’t have to spend time signing up or sharing personal details.
Here are only some of the best online black jack casino games that are absolutely free from charges: Big 5 Blackjack Gold, 21 Burn Blackjack, Super 7, Pontoon, Atlantic City, Multi-Hand Blackjack, and many others. They come from the leading software providers like Microgaming, BetSoft, and NetEnt.
Play blackjack for free online without downloading, sharpen your skills, and become the guru of this outstanding game!
FAQ About Online Blackjack
- 🤑 What deposit methods can I use to play blackjack in a real money mode?
- It depends on a particular casino. Luckily, most online operators offer a plethora of options: credit and debit cards, e-wallets, Bank Wire Transfers, and even crypto. Just choose the most convenient one and deposit money to enjoy your favourite table game.
- 🔒 Is it safe to play online blackjack in New Zealand casinos?
- Even though most online casinos are safe and reputable, you should still conduct a quick background check before entrusting the operator with your money. Make sure that the chosen casino is licensed, has tested software, and is not involved in any scandals or payment issues.
- ✅ What do the odds of online blackjack game mean?
- While there are gamblers, who play casino blackjack for fun, most of the time we are all chasing profits. Unfortunately, online blackjack operators do the same and in the majority of cases, they are the real winners. Wondering why? Because the odds always play in the house’s favour, which makes a profit from every bet. However, even though the odds are not in your favour, it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to play black jack online and make money. Apart from learning casino blackjack rules and tips, you should choose tables, which have the lowest house advantage.
- 📌 What is card counting and is it helpful?
- It is a tool that helps gamblers to keep track of the number of low and high cards that are left on the dealer’s deck. Knowing how to count cards in blackjack online you’ll know when is the right time to raise the bet. But this doesn’t mean that counting cards is a way to learn how to win playing online blackjack every time. It’s just an additional skill to have more favourable positions in the game.
- 💰 What are the minimum and the maximum bets in blackjack?
- In most casinos players can start at $1 or even lower. In standard games, you can bet $300 to $500 for a hand. However, there are always special tables for high rollers. In addition, regular customers are given a higher betting limit. If you are one, just contact the support team and ask to increase the limit.